- UL-15Amp Capacity With Adjustable Slide Bar for Light Sensitivity.
- Heavy Duty Unit. Automatically Turns Light On At Dusk And Off At Dawn.
- Ideal Replacement PhotoControl For Building Lights, CFL Area Lights, Parking Lot Lights, & Multiple Wired Lights.
- Light Level Adjusts Using Slide Bar.
- Rugged Design, UL-Tested for Minimum 6,000 Cycles (16.4 Years Daily On/Off) At 15Amp 1800W Tungsten & 1000VA Ballast Loads.
- Automatically turns light on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Built-in time delay eliminates false on/off activations due to stray light.
- Extra Large Capacity: 15Amp 1800W Tungsten, 1000VA Ballast 120VAC 50/60 Hz (UL LISTED).
- Works with: CFL, incandescent, mercury vapor, metal halide, sodium vapor, LED, halogen and fluorescent bulbs.
- Adds safety and security to your home by automatically lighting grounds at night.
Use With Weatherproof Light Fixture Enclosures
Read All Instructions Completely Before Beginning Installation.
Use only U. L. Listed wire connectors (not included). All metal strands of wires MUST be completely inside wire connectors. Wrap electrical tape in multiple layers to further secure the connections.
CAUTION: TO PREVENT INJURY FROM ELECTRICAL SHOCK AND POSSIBLE RISK OF DEATH, POWER MUST BE TURNED OFF AT THE MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER OR AT THE MAIN FUSE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING PHOTOCONTROL.
1. Connect the red wire from the Photo Control to the black wire of the light fixture.
2. Connect the black wire from the Photo Control to the black (hot power supply) wire.
3. Connect all of the white wires (neutral) together.
4. The body of control must be screwed to the weatherproof electrical enclosure. Make sure the photocell is directed towards natural sunlight and away from any reflected or artificial light. Screw the silver color die-cast metallic nut with black gasket tight enough to make a weatherproof seal. If the surface is uneven, apply RTV silicone rubber outdoor sealing compound before installing photocontrol.
5. Turn the power on. Photo Eye has up to 2-minutes delay when turning the power On/Off.
1. If lamp cycles On/Off during the DAY, check that photo control black and red wire connections are not reversed.
2. If lamp cycles during NIGHT then somehow reflected light is falling on the photocell. Change look-out direction of photocell towards natural sunlight. If not possible then use black electrical tape to partially obstruct the sensor to limit reflected light from entering the photocell.
3. If the lamp does not turn on during night time then red and black wires of photo control are connected wrong. In this case, photocontrol most likely is DESTROYED due to wrong wiring connections and MUST NOT be returned back.
4. If photo control was ever operated at 208V or higher voltage, it cannot be used for 120V applications anymore.
5. Photocontrol will not work with 12V/24V low voltage landscape lights.
- Extra Large Capacity: 15Amp 1800W Tungsten, 1000VA Ballast 120VAC 50/60 Hz.
- Works With Incandescent, CFL, Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, Sodium Vapor, Halogen, LED and Fluorescent Bulbs.
- Automatically ON at 1 +/-0.5 Foot Candle & OFF at 6 +/-0.5 Foot Candles.
- UL Tested for Minimum 6,000 Cycles (16.4 Years Daily On/Off) At Minimum 15Amp 1800W Tungsten & 1000VA Ballast Loads.
- Unit Provided With Color Coded 6"Long Lead Wires.
- Extra Safety 16AWG 600V Lead Wires UL Rated For Higher Temperature of 150C.
- For Correct Operations & To Avoid Permanent Equipment Damage, Installer Must Connect All 3-Wires Exactly As Diagram Shows On The Unit.
- Built-In Safety Time Delay: 20 to 100 Seconds.
- Rugged Outdoor Operating Temperature Range: -40F to +158F (or -40C to +70C).
- Impact Resistant Strong Polycarbonate Housing With UV Protection.
- Stem: 1/2"-14 Threads. Fits 1/2" Knock Out.
- Excellent On/Off Ratio: 6.
- Low Average Power Consumption: 0.8W.
- Must Install Unit Inside UL Listed Outdoor Junction Box or Raintight Fixture.
- UL Listed for USA/Canada Under Our File No. E322033.
- Meets UL Standard 773A & Canadian C22.2 No. 205-M1983.